Friday, 21 Aug 2026
Las Vegas News
  • About Us
  • Our Authors
  • Cookies Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • News
  • Politics
  • Education
  • Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Las Vegas
  • Las
  • Vegas
  • news
  • Trump
  • crime
  • entertainment
  • politics
  • Nevada
  • man
Las Vegas NewsLas Vegas News
Font ResizerAa
  • About Us
  • Our Authors
  • Cookies Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
News

Nancy Guthrie Disappearance: Detained Suspect Was Under Surveillance Before Footage Release

By Matthias Binder February 11, 2026
Nancy Guthrie case live updates: Man who was detained was under surveillance
Nancy Guthrie case live updates: Man who was detained was under surveillance (Featured Image)
SHARE

Nancy Guthrie case live updates: Man who was detained was under surveillance

Contents
Traffic Stop Leads to Overnight QuestioningChilling Doorbell Camera Evidence EmergesTimeline of a Baffling AbductionOngoing Hunt and Family Anguish

Traffic Stop Leads to Overnight Questioning (Image Credits: S.abcnews.com)

Tucson, Arizona – Authorities detained and later released a man in connection with the abduction of Nancy Guthrie after searching his home south of the city, revealing he had been under watch prior to the public release of key surveillance images.

Traffic Stop Leads to Overnight Questioning

Pima County Sheriff’s deputies pulled over a delivery driver during a traffic stop in Rio Rico on Tuesday evening.[1][2] The man, identified as Carlos Palazuelos, drove a Nissan Rogue and noticed law enforcement tailing him beforehand. Officials questioned him for several hours in relation to the case but released him without charges late that night.

- Advertisement -

A court-authorized search followed at a connected residence in the community, roughly 60 miles south of Tucson and near the Mexican border. The FBI’s Evidence Response Team assisted, combing the property for hours. Palazuelos later told reporters outside the home that agents mentioned his resemblance to a figure in security footage. His mother-in-law confirmed searchers entered with a warrant based on a tip but found nothing suspicious. “You can go and search my house… There’s nobody there,” she said.[1]

Chilling Doorbell Camera Evidence Emerges

The FBI unveiled images and videos from Nancy Guthrie’s Google Nest doorbell camera on Tuesday, showing a masked individual tampering with the device early on February 1. The person wore gloves, a backpack, and what appeared to be a holstered handgun while using a flashlight and plant material to obscure the lens.[2][3] Director Kash Patel noted the footage came from backend systems after forensic recovery efforts with tech partners.

Sources indicated Palazuelos drew attention before these visuals surfaced publicly, placing him on the radar of federal and local investigators. Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos had previously described challenges in retrieving data from the disconnected camera, which lacked a full subscription. The release prompted a surge in tips, though Palazuelos denied involvement and claimed no recollection of deliveries to Guthrie’s address.

Timeline of a Baffling Abduction

Investigators pieced together events leading to the 84-year-old’s vanishing from her Catalina Foothills home. She arrived there on January 31 and was reported missing the next afternoon. DNA confirmed blood on the porch belonged to her, supporting beliefs of a forced removal during the night.

  • Early February 1: Armed figure tampers with camera.
  • February 5: FBI issues initial missing poster.
  • February 10: Ransom deadline passes without verified contact; updated poster released.
  • February 11: Footage drops, detention occurs, Rio Rico search wraps.

Multiple ransom notes surfaced but proved unconfirmed. The family expressed readiness to pay, while authorities activated SWAT and canvassed neighborhoods, roadways, and drainage areas.

- Advertisement -

Ongoing Hunt and Family Anguish

The FBI offers a $50,000 reward and fields thousands of leads, including over 4,000 calls in a recent day. Searches persist in Guthrie’s vicinity, with warnings for drivers near operations. Savannah Guthrie and her siblings shared videos urging tips and her safe return, stressing her need for daily medications amid limited mobility.

Former agents called the footage “gold” for profiling, noting details like build and gait despite the disguise. The White House monitored developments closely.

Key Takeaways

  • Detained man released; no charges filed.
  • Surveillance predated public footage.
  • Abduction confirmed; ransom efforts stalled.

As the case enters its second week, the focus remains on identifying the doorstep intruder and locating Nancy Guthrie alive. What leads do you have? Share in the comments.

- Advertisement -
Previous Article 'Dawson's Creek' star James Van Der Beek dies at age 48 James Van Der Beek, ‘Dawson’s Creek’ Star, Passes Away at 48 After Cancer Battle
Next Article WATCH: Monks on a mission walk 2,300 miles from Texas to DC Buddhist Monks Complete 2,300-Mile Peace Pilgrimage in Washington
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
3 'Real Events' in Famous Novels That Were Completely Invented
3 ‘Real Events’ in Famous Novels That Were Completely Invented
Entertainment
If You Can Recognize These 8 Songs From Just the Bassline, Your Music Taste Is Elite
If You Can Recognize These 8 Songs From Just the Bassline, Your Music Taste Is Elite
Entertainment
The 'Too Weird for TV' List: 7 Shows That Got Cancelled for Going Too Far
The ‘Too Weird for TV’ List: 7 Shows That Got Cancelled for Going Too Far
Entertainment
8 Albums That Should Be Considered Classics But Nobody Talks About
8 Albums That Should Be Considered Classics But Nobody Talks About
Entertainment
3 One-Hit Wonders Turning 20 This Year You Forgot Existed
3 One-Hit Wonders Turning 20 This Year You Forgot Existed
Entertainment
Categories
Archives
August 2026
M T W T F S S
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31  
« Jul    
- Advertisement -

You Might Also Like

Mom accused of abandoning 2 daughters for weeks in Katy-area home, authorities say
News

Katy-Area Mother Sought in Felony Child Abandonment Case After Six Weeks of Neglect

May 5, 2026
Woman dies in head-on collision in Nye County
News

Fatal Head-On Crash in Nye County Claims Woman’s Life

May 18, 2026
Defendant admits to fatally stabbing man in Summerlin as a teenager
News

Las Vegas Man Pleads Guilty to Second-Degree Murder in 2021 Summerlin Home Invasion

February 10, 2026
News

Lawmakers criticize Lombardo's training invoice for small improve in classroom funding

February 27, 2025

Interested in working with us? Explore Advertising Opportunities.

© Las Vegas News. All Rights Reserved – Some articles are generated by AI.

A WD Strategies Brand.

Go to mobile version
Welcome to Foxiz
Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?